Saturday 2 April 2011

My First Love-Tatting/我的初恋 - 梭织






Tatting is my first love, I learned how to tat when I was 10 years old. It was taught to me by my 4th aunty, who in turn learned it from a nurse in Kuala Lipis general hospital, When she was admitted while waiting for an operation. She discharge herself half way through waiting and so was her learning how to tat. I finished my lesson from a teacher who came to my class as a replacement teacher. I tatted for a while, and didn't touch it till now. At first I thought that tatting was dead, I began to crochet instead. I have kept my shuttles with me all this while, till one day while I was browsing the internet for ideas to crochet. Out of curiosity I type the word tatting blogspot, and to my surprise there were quite a lot of sites came on screen. I was so happy that tatting is not dead, it still very much alive and it's all over the world. I was so excited like I've found my long lost friend again. Here is a bracelet that I've tatted and the pattern is from a Japanese tatting book and I've altered a bit of it. I would like to say thank you to Mrs. Lee Beng Keong once again for showing me how to do the picot join.

No comments:

Post a Comment